cPanel is a control panel for Linux-based web hosting and is the most used control panel to manage all aspects of your website, including website files, security, managing emails, states, website builder, web applications, and much more. We will help you to configure basic settings for your website to be online.
Follow the basic guide to features in cPanel to know more about your cpanel hosting account.
1. Managing Files (Files) : File Manager, FTP & Webdisk are the applications which allows you to manage files of your website. You have to upload all your website files in public_html folder.
2. Managing Databases:
MySQL Databases & MySQL Database Wizard : These two applications are used to manage database and specific users to database.
phpMyAdmin (MySQL database management): This application is used to create, alter, drop, delete, import and export MySQL database tables. You can run MySQL queries, optimize, repair and check tables, change collation and execute other database management commands.
3. Domains: Here is where you can addon domains, park domains, create subdomains & redirects & DNS Zone Editor.
4. Emails Configuration: Here you can create emails, manage email forwarders, setup auto responder and other email features.
5. Metrics: Check stats on your website.
6. Security: Manage SSL Certificate, Hotlink protection, IP blocker, Leech Protection.
7. Preferences: Here you can change password, set language & style and update contact information.
8. Backups: Backups allow you to download (to your computer) a zipped copy of either you entire site (your home directory, databases, email forwarders configuration, email filters configuration). It is always suggested to take Full Backups every day or week based on your website.
- cPanel, What is cPanel?, cpanel help, cpanel guide, cpanel tutorials
- 0 Users Found This Useful
SubDomains: Subdomains are URLs for different sections of your website. They use your main domain...
There are three main directories to be concerned with: /home/username/ - This is your home...
In this tutorial I will show you how to create email accounts in cpanel. 1. First you have to...